9/02/2021

Summer Trends of 2021 That Need To Stay Or Go

After having a rather long pause of not posting on this blog (for over a year, oops) I decided to get back into the blogging game because I realized how much I missed writing actual sentences than just being able to write a couple of words into my Stories or Instagram and TikTok captions. So here I am, back better than ever!

Before the weird summer of 2021 is gone for good, and we can finally talk about fall fashion, my absolute favorite season when it comes to clothes and everything else, I wanted to do a little recap of the trends of the past months and which ones I need to have a comeback in the next year or which ones I would not be mad to never have to see them again.

 

If you ask the Urban Dictionary, a "coconut girl" is "an aesthetic that got popularized on tiktok in 2021. some of the staples are hibiscus prints in women dresses, glitter tattoos, and graphic tank tops. it is reminiscent of early 2000's summer styles". If you ask me, the coconut girl aesthetic is a fun way to combine bright colors and prints to wear at the beach all summer long and a trend that I definitely want to see again next year. Alone for the reason that I did not get the chance to wear my cute hibiscus dress as much as I wanted to thanks to the worst summer weather in history.


Talking about styles out of the early 2000s we of course have to pick up the "Y2K" trends which, as the name gives it away, is all about fashion out of the year two thousand. I am a huge fan of the early 2000s, whether it is music, TV shows or fashion, I love it! That is why Y2K fashion has been all over my closet in the past months. If I can see the trend lasting until summer '22, I am not too sure about it, but it will definitely take us through fall too.

 

 
Wearing an oversized cotton shirt over some shorts or just a bikini or a cute matching set for going out is such a classy and minimalistic way to style. Throwing in some spice with a bright color or stripes or with cute accessories I think this is such a timeless trend. Also, if you can find a shirt or set with a good quality and 100% cotton, it will last you forever. Hoping to see more of this trend in the next year too.

Being 5'2ft tall (or small) this trend just did net get through to me and in my closet. In general, I think it is also a nice way to put a simple outfit together and suits for so many occasions but just not for petite girls like me. Passing on this trend and having no need to see it again next summer.

 

Which summer trend of 2021 was your favorite and which one was a hard pass?

 

 all pictures via pinterest